Eligible Students: Graduating baccalaureate and master’s level candidates (not doctoral) for May 2017. Students may self-nominate.
Recognition Event: Bryan School Graduation Ceremony May 12, 2017
Bryan Achievement and Leadership Awards
- Undergrads must have at least a 3.0. Grad students must have a 3.5.
- Must have impressive academic achievement. Most recipients in the past have had GPAs far above the minimums.
- Must have significant service activities, some of which are at the “leadership” level.
- Service and leadership can be in the Bryan School, the University and/or the community.
Dean’s Service Awards
- Undergrads must have a 2.5. Grad students must have a 3.0.
- Recognizes service to the Bryan School and/or any of its departments/programs/offices.
Outstanding Undergraduate/Graduate Student Awards
- No GPA requirement, though the typical recipient has a high GPA.
- Recognizes students who have enriched the Bryan School’s learning environment as an ambassador through their professional and service activities, and/or their commitment to and support of other students or their impact on a community or society.
- This is the award for the student who routinely went the extra mile, but not in the traditional areas of “service” and “leadership” and academic achievement as indicated in the other awards, or who has overcome difficult circumstances and has excelled in a manner that is deserving of recognition.
Bryan School Academic Excellence Medals
- Excellence Medals are based on GPA only.
- Master’s graduates: Must have at least a 3.90 grade point average in their program of study
- Baccalaureate graduates: Must be in the top 5% of their class and have a minimum 3.90 on their coursework in the major/Bryan School.
Nominations due by March 15