Designed specifically for applicants with limited or no professional experience, the day program is a full-time journey toward specialized knowledge and first-class career possibilities. The structure of the day program also makes it a good match for career changers. The program is carefully designed to move you from ideas to action in a relevant and logical manner. Enrolled full-time students progress from a fairly structured set of assessments to tiered courses designed to jump-start your learning.
Working alongside fellow students, you’ll learn basic skills and business fundamentals and progress to developing the communication, analytical, and managerial skills so highly sought in the marketplace. Studying full-time, you can expect to complete your UNCG MBA in approximately two years.
FIRST WEEK – GETTING A FAST START Your UNCG MBA experience begins with velocity and a concentrated focus. In the MBA “Base Camp”-a series of intense workshops-Bryan professors work with you to develop your own leadership style, which will guide your next two years. Click here to read more.
YEAR ONE: UNDERSTANDING THE BUSINESS LANDSCAPE Your first year will be devoted to understanding the concepts of management and business. You will learn both the theoretical and practical facets of strategic business operations by exploring detailed case studies and participating in rigorous in-class lectures.
SUMMER: GOING BEYOND THE CLASSROOM During the summer you will begin the practicum level of the program through an internship and organizational projects. Our partnerships with European and Latin American corporations give you the chance to explore the cultural differences of global business operations. If you would rather stay closer to home, there are a variety of local corporations and non-profit organizations eager to accept your help while you increase your work experience. You may even want to begin work on a concentration or certificate by taking an elective course or two.
YEAR TWO: MAKING THINGS HAPPEN In the second year, you will begin applying business strategies and concepts to real-world challenges using case analysis and group projects. You will learn how to respond effectively to such common problems as dissatisfied customers, business operations, and cash flow challenges. In addition, you may also wish to participate in the week-long study abroad program typically offered during spring break.
CAPSTONE PROJECT: SOLVING PROBLEMS THAT MATTER Your program concludes with a field project of helping a real organization solve real problems. Working with a small team of fellow students under faculty supervision, you will apply your newly developed skills, discipline, and creativity to craft a plan and develop a feasible solution. For more information and examples of consulting projects click here.
- Apply a broad spectrum of communication and leadership practices to promote ethical and sustainable organizations.
- Implement the various steps of data analysis to formulate evidence-based reports and recommendations for subsequent decision making.
- Use models and methods of creativity and innovations to generate feasible proposals for business concepts, products and services, processes and strategies.
- Incorporate conceptual frameworks and knowledge from a variety of fundamental business disciplines into organizational strategy.
- Synthesize multiple perceptions and assumptions about institutional, cultural and economic factors affecting global business and stakeholders.
Plan of Study
Unlike many programs, the UNCG Day MBA provides a full 9 hours of student-chosen electives. In some instances, you may even take courses in other graduate programs. You can build upon the skills and knowledge you’ve developed at the undergraduate level to pave the way for success. For example, students with undergraduate degrees in French, Spanish or German can focus their electives in areas of international business, bringing a highly marketable set of skills to their prospective employers.
FIRST YEAR (24-27 credit hours)
Fall Semester – 9 hrs
- MBA 716 – Leadership and Sustainable Business
- MBA 701 – Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 702 – Financial and Managerial Accounting
Begin internship search
Spring Semester – 12 hrs
- MBA 717 – Technology and Innovation
- MBA 706 – Marketing Management
- MBA 707 – Financial Management
- MBA 708 – Operations for Competitive Advantage
Summer Semester – 3-6 hrs
- MBA 742 – Organizational Internship
SECOND YEAR (18-21 credit hours)
Fall Semester – 9-12 hrs
- MBA 703 – Economic Policies and Impact on Global Outcomes
- MBA 718 – Global Business in Practice
- Elective (if not taken during Summer)
Begin job search
Spring Semester – 9-12 hrs
- MBA 741 – Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- MBA 712 – Strategic Management
- Elective (if not taken during Summer or Fall)
The UNCG MBA features nine hours of elective credit for you to pursue a concentration. If you are not interested in pursuing a concentration, you have the option of developing your own
- Open Electives Option (9 credit hours) – Choose from electives in conflict resolution, consumer apparel, entrepreneurship, finance, gerontology, global business, information technology, marketing and nonprofit management.
- Concentration Option (9 credit hours)
- Certificate Option (12 credit hours) – Combine your UNCG MBA with one of UNCG’s many Graduate Certificates:
- Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance, Security and Privacy
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain, Logistics and Transportation Management
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Dual-Degree Option
For schedules and syllabi, please go here.