The country’s fourth best public university evening MBA program is an intensified, predominantly part-time program specifically designed to meet the needs of working professionals who want to advance their careers.
The current length of the UNCG Evening MBA is 42 credit hours with no prerequisite courses, making it possible for you to now earn your UNCG MBA in just 28 months of part-time study. Intentionally flexible, the program’s evening-only coursework allows you to tailor your education to your schedule. Evening courses are offered Monday through Thursday with classes meeting one night per week, usually from 6:30 to 9:20pm. You can enter in either the fall or spring semester and work toward your UNCG MBA year-round by taking courses in the summer. Most of the electives and courses offered in the summer are available online.
The evening program immerses you in a variety of learning formats: experiential learning using live case studies; projects with area firms; interaction with executives from a variety of industries; lectures and discussion; as well as group projects and presentations. The curriculum provides you with a solid foundation in general management practice and gives you the opportunity to develop depth or breadth in subject areas that support your career goals.
You should think of your educational experience as an interactive dialogue between yourself, your instructors, and your student colleagues. The UNCG MBA is a cooperative venture designed to produce leaders with the wisdom and judgment required to compete successfully in today’s complex and uncertain business environment. The Bryan School has been providing local professionals with advanced business education for over forty years and there are nearly 3,000 successful alumni of the UNCG MBA. No matter what your individual needs, goals, or timeline, your UNCG MBA will feel like a custom fit.
- Apply a broad spectrum of communication and leadership practices to promote ethical and sustainable organizations.
- Implement the various steps of data analysis to formulate evidence-based reports and recommendations for subsequent decision making.
- Use models and methods of creativity and innovations to generate feasible proposals for business concepts, products and services, processes and strategies.
- Incorporate conceptual frameworks and knowledge from a variety of fundamental business disciplines into organizational strategy.
- Synthesize multiple perceptions and assumptions about institutional, cultural and economic factors affecting global business and stakeholders.
Introductory Level Courses (12 credit hours)
- MBA 716 – Leadership and Sustainable Business
- MBA 701 – Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- MBA 702 – Financial and Managerial Accounting
- MBA 703 – Economic Policies and Impact on Global Outcomes
Integrative Level Courses (21 credit hours)
- MBA 706 – Marketing Management
- MBA 707 – Financial Management
- MBA 708 – Operations for Competitive Advantage
- MBA 717 – Technology and Innovation
- MBA 718 – Global Business in Practice
- MBA 712 – Strategic Management in Action
- MBA 741 – Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
The UNCG MBA features nine to twelve hours of elective credit for you to focus on your area of interest. A minimum of nine credit hours of electives is required for the evening program. Nine credit hours are also required for concentrations. Certificates can be completed in twelve credit hours.
- Open Electives Option (9 credit hours) – Choose from electives in conflict resolution, consumer apparel, entrepreneurship, finance, gerontology, global business, information technology, marketing and nonprofit management.
- Concentration Option (9 credit hours)
- Certificate Option (12 credit hours) – Combine your UNCG MBA with one of UNCG’s many Graduate Certificates:
- Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance, Security and Privacy
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain, Logistics and Transportation Management
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Dual-Degree Option
For schedules and syllabi, please go here.