There are two MBA programs open for enrollment at the Bryan School of Business and Economics: the evening program and the day program. The UNCG Evening MBA is an intensified, part-time program specifically designed to meet the needs of working professionals. The day program is a full-time, lock-step MBA. The UNCG Day MBA welcomes applicants with limited professional experience.
Start Your Application Today
It is easy and straightforward to apply. You begin the admissions process by creating your application here. Once you create your application, you can save it and go back to work on it as many times as you need before submitting it. We encourage you to begin working on your application well in advance of the application deadline.
Day MBA Program: (Fall admissions only) March 1st priority deadline; July 1st final deadline
Evening MBA Program: July 1st (Fall semester); November 1st (Spring semester)
International Applications: May 15th (Fall semester); September 15th (Spring semester)
The UNCG MBA program is designed for qualified students from any academic background. Prospective students must hold a four-year degree from an accredited college or university. Although the degree itself can be in any discipline, students must also have completed a college-level algebra course and possess basic computer literacy skills.
Admissions decisions are based on a combination of the following:
- Proof of GMAT score (average score is 570) OR
Proof of GRE score (average score is 310 with at least 144 on the quantitative and verbal sections)
*GMAT/GRE is waived for Beta Gamma Sigma inductees with a minimum 3.3 GPA out of 4.0, and we now offer a limited number of additional ways to waive the GMAT/GRE requirement. Click here to learn more.
- One official transcript from all previous academic institutions attended (minimum GPA is 3.0)
Transcripts request form
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1000 word personal essay describing your reason for pursuing a UNCG MBA
- Online Application and $60 application fee
International Student Requirements
Applying to graduate programs at the Bryan School of Business and Economics is simple and straightforward. The guidelines for admissions are a 3.0 grade point average or equivalent and a 570 GMAT or 310 GRE score. While these are not the minimums for being admitted, applicants above these guidelines will be competitive for admissions and will be considered for merit-based financial assistance.
Requirements for International Admissions:
- Graduate application and $60 application fee
- Official or certified copies of transcripts of academic records. All academic transcripts must be evaluated by a NACES (naces.org) accredited credential evaluation service and must be in English; click here for more information
- GMAT (mba.com) or GRE (ets.org/gre)
- TOEFL (ets.org/toefl) or IELTS (ielts.org). For non-native English speakers, the minimum scores to be eligible for consideration are a score of 79 on the TOEFL iBT or a 6.5 on the IELTS
- 500-1000 word personal statement explaining your interest in the program
- Three letters of recommendation
- For more information on International Student Admissions, please click here
Send all required material to:
The Graduate School
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
241 Mossman Building
1202 Spring Garden Street
Greensboro, NC 27412